So you got that smartphone you’ve always wanted, and you decided not to protect it. So now, like every other person on this planet, you dropped your phone, causing the screen to crack. Well, you can always take it to an expert to fix it for you. But lately, different fixes for phones using household products like toothpaste and baking soda have become quite the topic.
So everyone wants to know if it’s possible to fix a cracked phone screen with toothpaste. It is possible, although this mostly works for tiny cracks on the phone, you can always try it out. Therefore we’ve outlined a step-by-step guide on how to fix a cracked phone screen with toothpaste.
How to Fix a Cracked Phone Screen with Toothpaste (Step by Step)
All you need is your regular toothpaste and a few other household items; no additional tools are required. Just follow these steps:
- Take a hand towel and set it on any flat surface like a table. Set the smartphone face up on the towel. Use compressed air to puff off any dust particles on the screen, then use a soft cloth to wipe the screen’s edge. Use the compressed air on the screen once more.
- Next, pick a cotton swab and add toothpaste to it. Trace off any excess paste with your fingers. Finally, use water to clean the tip of your finger thoroughly.
- Use your right hand to hold the swab. With your left hand, firmly grasp the phone. Swab the screen’s leftmost crack with the swab tip that has been covered with acetone. Drag the end along the crack while applying light pressure. When you get to the other side of the damage, it’s time to remove the tip. The swab should be thrown away
- Place a soft cloth around your right pinky finger. With your left hand, firmly grasp the phone. Put your pinky on the screen and press it on the edge of the crack. Next, drag your pinky’s covered tip along the crack, softly pressing down as you go. Once you’ve crossed the damage, take your pinky out of the screen. Set the soft cloth aside for the time being.
- Check the screen for the crack; if the crack is still visible, repeat the same procedure.
These simple, easy-to-do steps should be able to help you fix a cracked phone screen with toothpaste.
How to Fix a Cracked Phone Screen with Baking Soda
Just as you can fix a cracked phone screen with toothpaste, you can also use baking soda. First, make a paste of two parts baking soda to one part water. That is, mix two spoons of baking soda with one spoon of water in a bowl and thoroughly mix until it is thick. Next, get a clean piece of cloth and apply the mixture to the scratches on your phone. After that, use a slightly damp towel to remove any remaining sticky residue from the screen.
Read also: How to Move Unmovable Apps to SD Cards
How to Fix a Cracked Phone Screen at Home
Most people would advise you to repair or replace your phone when the screen gets cracked. However, if you don’t have the funds to do so, you may try some simple home remedies to keep your phone functional until you can afford a professional fix.
Put a Screen Protector on Your Phone
I know it sounds crazy, right we’re talking about fixing a cracked phone screen. The screen is broken already. What do I need a screen protector for!
If your Android or iPhone screen is cracked or scratched, using a screen protector can stop the damage from becoming worse while still allowing you to use your device. However, a screen protector serves no purpose if your screen is cracked or shattered in any way.
Replacing the damaged screen is as simple as doing so. However, as an alternative to buying a new phone, you might save money by using a screen protector.
Read also: What Is AT&T and Verizon Visual Voicemail?
Use Vegetable oil
Oil operates the same way any other petroleum jelly product does. The cracked screen isn’t fixed. However, it’s less noticeable. The only problem is that this is only suitable for minor cracks and not for serious screen damage when pieces of glass are flung everywhere.
- Clean the screen with a soft cloth
- Wrap your index finger in a clean fiber cloth and dunk it in a small amount of oil
- Apply it to the scratch. This will make it less obvious, but you’ll have to keep doing it until the screen is replaced.
Read also: Getting Message Failed To Send? – Best Fixes
If you’re going to use sandpaper on your phone screen, you better be brave and careful about it. It entails using sandpaper to remove any small marks from the phone screen. Also, keep an eye out to prevent scuffing the entire phone screen.
Note: It’s not a good idea to attempt to repair a broken phone screen on your own because you run the risk of damaging other components.
Additionally, attempting to repair it yourself could void your phone warranty and result in additional fees down the road. Home remedies such as those provided above merely serve to obscure the flaw.
Read also: What Causes ASUS CPU Fan Error?